This recipe for buffalo chicken rolls is super easy to make and perfect for a party. Some links in this post are affiliate link that earn me a commission if you purchase through them.
Whenever football season rolls around, I always look for fun recipes to enjoy while watching the games. Because I don’t know about your house, but that’s how we spend our weekends when we aren’t busy with other plans.
I love dips, especially my smoky chicken enchilada dip. Sometimes I want something a littler heartier though, and while I love my husband’s chili recipe, sometimes I want something I can whip up quickly.
When I peered in the fridge last weekend, I saw some crescent rolls that I needed to use. I didn’t want “plain” crescent rolls or something sweet, so I poked around my pantry and realized I had some chicken.
Of course I had ranch and mayo and hot sauce. And cheese. The thought of a spicy chicken encased in a warm crescent roll made my mouth water.
I adapted my typical buffalo chicken dip recipe so it worked as a filling, and popped the rolls into my oven. Ten minutes later, I pulled out a tray of deliciousness.
They tasted exactly the way I imagined they would. It took just a few minutes to prep the buffalo chicken rolls, which makes them perfect for your next football party.
Even after they cooled for a bit, they still tasted fantastic. They were hearty enough to fill me up more than “just” a dip, and it was a great change from my typical fare.
Needless to say, these buffalo chicken rolls will stay in my recipe rotation for a long time.
This recipe makes 18 buffalo chicken rolls, which means two tubes of crescent rolls. You can split it in half to make fewer rolls, and use the remaining chicken for chicken salad or another fun recipe.
Or get more tubes of crescent roll dough and have fun with it since it’s so versatile. I love making both sweet and savory dishes with it, and you can get plenty of inspiration from this list of more than 25 great stuffed crescent roll recipes.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Rolls
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Drain your chicken. Place chicken into a small bowl. Add ranch, mayo, and hot sauce, then stir with a fork. Make sure you break up the chicken into small bits.
And yes, I use canned chicken for this because it’s easy. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, however.
If you have leftover rotisserie chicken or poached chicken you can shred, feel free to use that. You need approximately one cup of shredded chicken no matter what you choose.
Add cheese and stir to distribute. If you add the cheese with the other ingredients, it’s harder to break up the chicken and distribute the other ingredients, so hold off.
Add a silpat or parchment paper to two cookie sheets. Unroll the crescent roll dough, one on each pan and separate the triangles.
Add a tablespoon or so of the buffalo chicken mixture to each triangle. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread it out along the wider two-thirds of the triangle, leaving the bottom uncovered.
Roll the triangle into a typical crescent roll and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with all the rolls.
Place cookie sheets in the oven for 9-11 minutes until the crescent rolls are lightly golden and cooked through.
Serve immediately. Alternatively, you can refrigerate these buffalo chicken rolls and then reheat at 150 degrees in your oven for five minutes if you plan to serve them later.
Have you ever had buffalo chicken rolls?
Simple Buffalo Chicken Rolls
This simple buffalo chicken rolls recipe is a perfect appetizer. You can make it ahead of time, and it's plenty to share. This is a great potluck dish for a football party.
- 1 10 oz can chicken, drained
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 2 T ranch dressing
- 1/4 c hot sauce
- 1/3 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain chicken and place into a small bowl. Add ranch, mayo, and hot sauce, then stir with a fork. Break up the chicken into small bits.
- Add cheese and stir to distribute.
- Add a silpat or parchment paper to two cookie sheets. Unroll crescent roll dough, one on each pan and separate the triangles.
- Add a tablespoon of buffalo chicken mixture to each triangle. Spread out along the wider two-thirds of the triangle, leaving the tip uncovered.
- Roll into a crescent roll and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Place cookie sheets in oven for 9-11 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- You can halve this recipe to use just one tube of crescent rolls if you choose. Just save the extra chicken for a separate recipe.
- This recipe works equally well with leftover rotisserie or poached chicken you shred ahead of time. Use approximately one cup of shredded chicken in place of the canned chicken.
- If you don't plan to serve these immediately, you can refrigerate these buffalo chicken rolls and then reheat at 150 degrees in your oven for five minutes if you plan to serve them later.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 8gSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 12gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce – From Scratch - Honest And Truly!
Friday 17th of April 2020
[…] Buffalo chicken rolls […]