One of my family’s favorite dinners is this Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken. I make it all the time! Some links in this article are affiliate links that earn me a commission if you make a purchase.
We eat a lot of chicken and rice in my house, and my kids ask for this all the time. Thankfully, this is super easy to make because it always disappears.
How fast do they devour it? This is the first time I’ve made this recipe in over two years that I managed to snag photos.
It’s tangy from the lemon with layers of flavor from the garlic, onion, paprika, and more. I use a dry white wine, as well, but feel free to substitute more chicken stock instead.
We serve this over rice, but if you watch your carbs, try it alone or cut it up and serve it on a bed of spring mix.
Coupled with the fact that this Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken is naturally gluten free and dairy free, and we serve this to friends with allergies often, too. I love when kids try it then beg their me to give their moms the recipe!
Oh, and did I mention this is ready in under a half hour – including time to come to pressure?
Like most Instant Pot recipes, you can make this with both frozen and fresh chicken. That saves my bacon often. Just increase the cook time to 14 minutes for frozen chicken breasts, and you’re all set.
Yes, 14 minutes to cook frozen chicken. I see it longer in so many recipes, but it comes out overcooked whenever I do. If you have extra thick chicken breasts, maybe do 16 minutes, but I never have to go longer than that.
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out some of my favorites at the end of this article.
How to Make Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
Turn your Instant Pot to saute.
Dice your onion while the inner pot heats. Add oil and then the onion, paprika, parsley, and salt. Stir and let cook for three minutes while you mince the garlic.
Turn off the Instant Pot, and add the garlic. Stir and let cook for 30 seconds, then pour in the wine.
Use a flat wooden spoon to scrape up anything stuck to the bottom as you deglaze the inner pot with the wine. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice.
Stir the chicken to ensure the liquid coats each of them, then put on the lid and seal the vent.
Set your Instant Pot to cook for 9 minutes. Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
Add cornstarch to a small bowl with cold water to make a slurry as you mix with a fork.
Turn the Instant Pot back to saute. While stirring the liquid inside, slowly pour in the cornstarch slurry.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Change the Instant Pot to warm, and return the chicken to the pot. Carefully coat the chicken in the sauce, then serve immediately with rice.
This keeps two to three days in the fridge in a tightly sealed storage container. Reheat gently before serving.
Ready to make Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken?
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 t paprika
- 2 t dried parsley
- 1 t salt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lb chicken breasts
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- 2 1/2 T cornstarch
- Turn Instant Pot to saute.
- Dice your onion while inner pot heats. Add oil, onion, paprika, parsley, and salt. Stir and let cook 3 minutes while you mince garlic.
- Turn off Instant Pot, and add garlic. Stir and let cook 30 seconds, then pour in wine.
- Use a flat wooden spoon to scrape up anything stuck to the bottom. Add chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Place chicken breasts in pot and stir, then put on lid and seal the vent.
- Set Instant Pot to cook for 9 minutes. Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to a small bowl with cold water to make a slurry.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and turn it back to saute. While stirring the liquid inside, slowly pour in cornstarch slurry.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Change the Instant Pot to warm, and return the chicken to the pot. Carefully coat the chicken in the sauce, then serve immediately with rice.
- Store 2-3 days in the fridge in a tightly sealed storage container. Reheat gently before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 54g
This site uses an outside source to provide nutrition. If you need exact details, please calculate yourself.
- Potato and corn chowder
- Chicken Paprikash
- Easy meatballs and sauce for spaghetti
- French onion soup
- Sweet and smoky baked beans
- Carnitas – perfect for tacos and burrito bowls
- Mashed potatoes
- Wisconsin cheese soup (stovetop recipe also available)
- Corn chowder
- Spanish rice (one of my most popular recipes!)
- Pulled barbecue chicken
- Creamy chickpea tomato soup (with adaptation to make on stovetop)
- Easy peasy tomato soup
- Homemade chicken stock
- Updated (healthier) honey bourbon chicken
- Chicken curry
- Pulled pork
- Broccoli cheddar soup
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Carrot soup
- Risotto with peas and lemon
- Cinnamon apples
- Chicken and rice soup