This post sharing my Mediterranean pizza recipe was sponsored by Green Giant as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I love pizza. In my house, Monday night is traditionally pizza night.
I’ll often make my own pizza from scratch, but that takes time and effort. Sometimes we order pizza, but that gets really expensive, and I can’t really personalize it the way I want to.
And honestly, sometimes I want not only me but my whole family to eat more veggies. That’s where this Mediterranean pizza comes in.
I love how cauliflower gets swapped into so many dishes now, and the Green Giant Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a great example. You can easily find it at Walmart with the frozen veggies.
The crust is already prepped, which saves me a ton of time. Give it a quick bake by itself while you prep the toppings, then add them and bake until your cheesy is golden and bubbly.
In fact, this one is so easy, I can take pizza night off and let my kids make it – with me staying in charge of the oven part, of course! They love this pizza, too.
Of course, if you want to add veggies to your life, there are so many ways to can enjoy pizza from a traditional margherita pizza to a pizza funghi and more. Or create a pepperoni pizza and serve it with a shaved Brussels sprouts salad or a harvest quinoa salad.
Why Mediterranean pizza?
I find it so fun to get creative with my toppings, and I love that I can add extra veggies without taking away the fun of the pizza. In this Mediterranean pizza, I have cauliflower from the crust, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and onion (sometimes). Add some smoked salmon for extra protein, and you’re all set.
With this Mediterranean pizza, you don’t even need any sauce. Instead, I use the oil from the sundried tomatoes to lightly brush the crust, and the veggies go right on top of that. Does it get any easier?
This pizza is great for two people to share for dinner, or make a couple to serve at a party as an appetizer. As delicious as this is straight from the oven, it tastes just as good when it’s cooled a bit – perfect for your next get together.
The Green Giant Cauliflower Pizza Crust has fewer calories than regular pizza dough, and it’s 80% cauliflower. The remaining 20% are all ingredients I know and can pronounce. They even dust the bottom with cornmeal, just like I do when I make pizza from scratch!
The crust tastes so good, and I love that there’s no prep work. I definitely recommend baking it directly on your oven racks to get a gorgeous crispy crust. Bigger bonus? That means even fewer dishes to clean when you bake it that way!
This new Green Giant Cauliflower Pizza crust isn’t the only new Green Giant product coming to Walmart just in time for the holidays. You can also find Harvest Protein Bowls, Organic Mashed Cauliflower, Organic Riced Cauliflower, Organic Veggie Spirals, and Little Green Sprouts – Organic Line.
I see a whole lotta veggies getting enjoyed at my house. How about you?
How to Make Gluten Free Mediterranean Pizza
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Once your oven comes to temperature, add the Green Giant Cauliflower Pizza Crust directly to the center rack in your oven. Be sure to remove it from the plastic packaging first!
Bake at 425 degrees for 14 minutes.
While the crust bakes, prep your toppings. Drain the sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts, but make sure to save the oil from the sundried tomatoes. Slice into bite size pieces.
Thinly slice red onion into half moons. Crumble the smoked salmon, as well. For this, use the meaty smoked salmon, not lox like you add to bagels.
Once the pizza crust bakes, use a pastry brush to lightly coat the crust corner to corner with the oil from the sundried tomatoes. If you accidentally toss it, you can use olive oil instead.
Spread the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, onions, and smoked salmon across the crust. Sprinkle this with mozzarella cheese.
Carefully return the Mediterranean pizza to your oven rack, and turn the temperature up to 450 degrees. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and use a pizza wheel to slice into nine pieces. Serve immediately!
Have you ever tried a Mediterranean pizza?
If you accidentally toss the oil from the sundried tomatoes, you can use olive oil instead to brush the crust. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 97 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 341mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g
If you accidentally toss the oil from the sundried tomatoes, you can use olive oil instead to brush the crust.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.