This recipe for mini lasagna pizzas is so delicious and so simple! Some links in this post are affiliate links that earn me a commission if you purchase through them.
Raise your hand if you love lasagna. Raise your hand if you love pizza.
Raise you hand if you never thought about a lasagna pizza. It’s ok. I’m right there with you.
Until a week ago, I had no concept of a lasanga pizza, but I made those easy cheesy stuffed shells and made enough filling and shells for two pans but only made one pan for dinner.
The next morning, I went to stuff the rest of my shells with the filling for dinner that night, and I discovered that someone in my house took all the empty shells for lunch. No one will admit to it, but I’m pretty sure it was my son.
Needless to say, I had sauce and filling but no shells, and I wasn’t thrilled. But I am creative, so… welcome mini lasagna pizzas.
I love it when I take ingredients I have in my fridge or pantry and toss them together and come up with a winning recipe on the first try. This definitely falls into that category.
I loved the creaminess from the lasagna filling and the zing from the sauce and the cheese. The English muffin made the perfect base and required zero prep time.
I had this meal made and on the table start to finish in under 15 minutes. Even if I had to mix up the filling, that maximum another five minutes.
Again, I made this vegetarian with just a traditional ricotta filling, but you could so easily add pepperoni slices to this or cooked Italian sausage or spinach or other favorites. I’d mix most into the filling, but pepperoni slices underneath the filling so it all melts together sounds perfect to me.
This mini lasagna pizzas recipe makes enough for a dozen mini pizzas, which is perfect for a package of six English muffins. You can very easily scale it up or down, however.
Mix up the filling, then make one or two pizzas for yourself for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s a perfect meal for one or two people.
Save the rest of the filling for another meal, or make up the English muffins with the filling and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze them. Unwrap them, add cheese and sauce and bake them from frozen (add 3-5 minutes to the cook time) for a unique and delicious freezer meal, too.
On the flip size, double or triple this recipe to make a fun appetizer for a party or potluck. This one is going into my football party rotation because they’re the perfect finger food!
They’d be really cute if you use a pizza wheel to cut them into quarters to serve for your friends, too.
I will also make my usual plea on Parmesan cheese. When you make this recipe, don’t use the stuff in the green can. Get a wheel of Parm and grate it yourself or buy some fresh grated Parmesan from your store. It truly makes a difference in the taste and texture of this dish.
How to Make Mini Lasagna Pizza
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
In a bowl, add ricotta, 6 ounces of mozzarella, one cup of Parmesan cheese, the egg, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
Separate the English muffins into halves, and lay them on a cookie sheet. Twelve halves fit perfectly on a single cookie sheet.
It’s your call whether you want to line it with parchment paper or a silpat to make cleanup easier or not. Me? I’m all about making things easier on myself, so my silpat lives on my cookie sheet!
Scoop a heaping spoon of the mixture onto each English muffin half. If you have any left over, add a little more to the muffins that need it.
Add a small dollop of sauce to each English muffin. Use my easy marinara sauce recipe or your favorite jarred sauce. You want about 2 teaspoons on each muffin.
Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese, being careful to not drop any on the pan. You don’t need to overdo it with the cheese over the sauce.
Pop the mini lasagna pizzas into your 450 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops get a golden brown.
Remove from your oven and top with just a touch of Parmesan cheese over each one. Serve immediately.
If you make extra, let them cool to room temperature, then store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge 2-3 days. Reheat before serving.
How would you top your mini lasagna pizzas?
- 1 lb ricotta
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 1 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 t dried basil
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 6 English muffins
- 1/2 c marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add ricotta, 6 ounces mozzarella, 1 cup Parmesan, egg, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix.
- Separate the English muffins into halves, and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Scoop a heaping spoon of the mixture onto each English muffin half. Top with small dollop of sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the tops turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Let leftovers cool to room temperature, then store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge 2-3 days. Reheat before serving.
- If you only want to make enough for one or two people, save the rest of the filling for another meal, or make up the English muffins with the filling and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze them. Unwrap them, add cheese and sauce and bake them from frozen (add 3-5 minutes to the cook time) for a unique and delicious freezer meal, too.
- You can also double or triple this recipe to make a fun appetizer for a party or potluck. This one is going into my football party rotation because they're the perfect finger food!
- For the Parmesan cheese, you want fresh grated Parm. Either grate your own or buy it pregrated from your store. Don't use the stuff in the green can for this recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 9.4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 551mgCarbohydrates: 16.6gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 1.4gProtein: 15.2g
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.