I adore s’mores. I could eat s’mores in just about any form – chocolate bark s’mores, s’mores cookies, s’mores stuffed strawberries, s’mores cake – the list goes on. So of course I had to make s’mores brownies. And oh my word are they delicious.
S’mores are best when you’re sitting around a campfire with a freshly roasted marshmallow and the chocolate is melting over your fingers as you slurp up the delicious mess.
Unfortunately, I don’t make campfires nightly. And honestly, I don’t love messes. S’mores created in brownie form; now that’s brilliant.
These s’mores brownies have the slightly crunchy graham cracker crust you want. The fudgy brownies satisfies that rich middle layer, and marshmallow fluff baked into the brownie batter? Just pass the plate already!
Of course you hear s’mores brownies from scratch and run in the opposite direction, thinking about the work involved. Stop! Come back.
The added deliciousness doesn’t add much work, and the flavor makes everything worthwhile. I make homemade marshmallow fluff, but feel free to use store bought. Technically, you could use a brownie mix instead, too, but making them from scratch is quick and easy.
How to Make Homemade S’mores Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then line a 9×13 pan with tin foil.
Start with your graham cracker crust. Place graham crackers in a food processor, and pulse until they are fine crumbs. If you don’t own a food processor, place in a strong zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin or your hands.
Mix the crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then melt the butter and stir into the crumbs. Place crumbs into the 9×13 pan, and press with a spatula. Bake for 8 minutes while you make your brownie batter.
Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and stir to combine. Add the oil and hot espresso/coffee (or water), and stir until combined.
Beat eggs, then add them to the batter along with the vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add flour, and gently mix just until the flour is no longer visible. You don’t want to overmix the batter.
Pour the brownie batter over the graham cracker crust. Add the marshmallow fluff in dollops over the brownie batter.
Use a spatula to lightly swirl the marshmallow fluff until it is marbleized but still clearly visible as a separate layer.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out with just a few crumbs. Let the brownies cool fully in the pan, then place in the fridge to firm up the graham cracker crust for 1-2 hours before cutting.
Store in a tightly sealed container for 2-3 days or freeze if you don’t enjoy them immediately.
What is your favorite way to enjoy s’mores? Have you ever had s’mores brownies?
For the graham cracker crust:
- 11 full graham crackers (2 cups crumbs)
- 1/4 c sugar
- 6 T butter, melted
For the brownies:
- 2 c sugar
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c hot espresso/coffee (or water)
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c marshmallow fluff
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then line 9x13 pan with tin foil.
- Place graham crackers in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Mix with sugar.
- Melt butter and stir into crumbs. Place crumbs into 9x13 pan, and press with a spatula. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Make brownie batter while crust bakes. Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to bowl and stir.
- Add oil and hot espresso/coffee (or water), and stir until combined. Beat eggs, then add to batter along with vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add flour, and gently mix just until flour is no longer visible.
- Pour the brownie batter over graham cracker crust. Add marshmallow fluff in dollops over brownie batter.
- Use a spatula to lightly swirl marshmallow fluff until marbleized.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool fully in pan, then place in fridge to firm up graham cracker crust for 1-2 hours before cutting. Store in a tightly sealed container for 2-3 days or freeze up to a month.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 230 Total Fat: 10.5g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 114mg Carbohydrates: 33.5g Fiber: 1.2g Sugar: 21.6g Protein: 2.3g